Each kit contains one top quality Amaryllis bulb (24/26 cm), soil media and a decorative pot with liner. They come in our new colorful, bilingual packages.
Amaryllis are popular flowering bulbs which are forced indoors for their large, spectacular blooms during the winter months. The trumpet-shaped flowers can be as large as 8 to 10 inches across and are produced atop an 18 to 30" tall flower stalk. They are available in red, pink and a red & white striped bi-color. They typically have two to six flowers per stalk, and usually flower within 8-12 weeks after potting.
1. Upon receipt, follow planting instructions inside box.
2. When soil media is ready, plant bulb in mixture with approximately the top 1/3 of the bulb showing above the soil surface. Keep the soil moist, but not soggy. Do not over water.
3. Keep the Amaryllis in a warm location (70-75°), but not in direct sunlight.
4. Water on a regular basis throughout the flowering period.
5. After flowering, remove the flower stem just above the bulb and continue to water. Plant outdoors in the spring and fertilize throughout the summer. After first frost, dig bulb and store bareroot in a cool dark place for at least 8 weeks. Repot the bulb and a new cycle will begin.
• CASE PACKS of either 24 or 27 packages.